Pavi Weds Adhi

Pavi Weds Adhi



Janaki was singing “Kanta Sashti Kavasam” in pooja room and praying her favourite God Lord Muruga. She is close to fifty in her age. But no one believes that she is that old because she looks very young. She used to get up early every morning, take bath and do pooja.

Today, after finishing her Pooja, she took coffee in hand and sat on the sofa in the hall.

She looked up at the upstairs...

She could not hear any sound or see any movement upstairs. After looking some time, she gave up and entered into kitchen and started preparing lunch.


Janaki was very busy in the kitchen. Suddenly two hands blind folded her from behind. Without turning back, she knew who exactly it was.


It was Pavithra the mischievous daughter of Janaki, was standing with a mischievous smile on her face


"Good Morning Janu"

"Does it look like Morning? See the watch. It is going to be afternoon. "


"Hee Hee, It is still morning for me Janu”


"Hmmm. You came home after two months and reached here late night. So I didn’t want to disturb you. But you slept till afternoon.

How many times I was looking for you to give coffee.

If you sleep like this, how will you manage after your marriage? Everyone will scold me that how you took me for granted and how I brought you up... “ Janaki scolded her and handed coffee to Pavithra


"This is my chella mums. Though you scold me ... in fact acting like scolding me, but you do your duty correctly. You gave me coffee before even I asked for it.”

“Chanceless Janu”


"It’s enough dear... Don’t change the topic what we discussed”


"What topic…? When did I change….? "


"Hmmm I’m referring to your marriage proposal"


"Adarsh ​​family is asking for their proposal result every day. You still did not finalize your decision. What do I tell them? Will you marry him? “


"Well.. Janu. I already told my result that I’m not interested in Marriage. Why are they waiting for me?"

“You are telling me the same reason for the past 4 years. You got a good proposal immediately after your studies, but you told me that once you get a job then you would be ready for marriage”


When I asked you 2 years later, you told that you have to get a promotion and then marry. Now one year is over after your promotion, but still you are not accepting for getting married. You are 26 years old now! We cannot postpone your marriage henceforth. "


"Hee Hee, All those were some reasons I found to delay my marriage. You believed whatever I said that time. Actually speaking, I’m not interested in marriage "

"Why Pavi?. Do you love anyone? Tell me openly. Its less burden for us in searching the right groom for you. We will arrange your marriage with him.”


"Ha ha. So sweet of you Janu. How come you are so sweet to me? Maybe that's why I do not like anybody till now. I don’t love anyone."


“Then what’s your problem Pavi? Why do you dislike marriage? “

“Aadhi is a very good boy. Perhaps he is your brother’s friend. We knew him from childhood.

And he was staying in your brother’s room in U.S for a very long time. Your brother is saying Aadhi is such a nice guy. He is perfect match for you Pavi"

"OH! That monkey, instead of doing his job for the dollar he is getting, is he looking a groom for me? Let him come here I will take care him.

By the way a monkey’s friend is also another big MONKEY. I cannot marry him ma”


"Pavi, what are you talking? Talk with respect to everyone. “


"Ok Ok. I should not say anything bad about your son. You will get angry

Hmmm Tell me further. Who is the honorable Mr?”


"Remember one tall guy used to come and meet your brother often, during school days.”


"Oh that tall stick?"

"Tall stick?? He becomes very handsome now. He contacted us to marry you 3 years before itself. But you didn’t want to marry that time, So he told he would wait for you. He was following me every year for your response.

What I don’t understand is, even after knowing your character, he is ready to marry you. Love is blind is true in his case.” Janaki smiled


Pavithra stared against Janaki


"Are you my mom or his mom? Why are you supporting him? “Argued Pavithra


"If I was his mother, I would never let him go towards your direction itself" Janaki kidding


"Mom, this is too much”


"OK OK come to the Point. Tell me the reasons why you are not interested in marriage? If your reasons are valid, then I will consider “

"Well. Note down”

<Strong> Number 1: </ strong> I have to leave this house, dad and you after marriage. But guys, they never leave their house and they are able to stay with their parents. It is not fair. Why should I have to go to their house?

I do not want to leave this house and everything. I want to be with you always.”


"ha ha you don’t know the latest trend Pavi. No girls are staying with their in-law’s house nowadays. Once the marriage is fixed, whether they look for marriage hall or not, they will start searching for a house near their workplace. Even though they work in local, still they want to live in separate house”

“The girl will stay one week in in-laws house, few days in girl’s house, one week for honeymoon and then back to work.

In this schedule, tell me when the girl is living in the guy’s place.”

So you are not going to live there. Both of you will live in your house.

And also, you said that, you didn’t want to leave us. Well, are you even staying with us currently? You are staying away from us for the sake of job and visiting us once in a while.

The same thing is going to be continued after your marriage also. You can visit us frequently.

So this reason is not considerable. Tell me the next reason “

“Number 2:

After marriage, I have to get up early, prepare coffee, breakfast, lunch and wake him up with coffee and then get ready and rush to office. But he will not do anything. Just get up and have whatever I prepared and go to office araamse.. OH God, I cannot endure all of this.”

“I just want to get up, have something in a mess or hotel and go to office aramse”

"Cooking is not a big deal Pavi. Most of the IT people never cook at home. They mostly cook once in a week. You can order breakfast, lunch, dinner everything online and they will deliver at your door step.

By the way Aadhi learned to cook while he was staying in U.S and he became an expert in cooking now. So you don’t worry. He will take care of all the work you mentioned.” Janaki smiled at Pavithra


"I did a big mistake Janu because Jio 4G SIM was free, I put one for you and taught you how to browse. Now you know everything outside. This is very bad ma “ grinned Pavithra

"Hee Hee , Moms also have to upgrade based on the latest trend. Otherwise, we cannot manage people like you.”

"Ok Ok. Don’t be over excited ma. What is the breakfast...? Sorry lunch? "

"Everything is your favorite only.”

"But don’t change the topic again. You have to finalize today. I have to tell them the result today. How long will they wait for us? “

"Ma, I already told that I cannot leave my freedom life just like that. I cannot put a license around my neck and regard husband as a God and Family as a temple. “

I want to live a free bird like going to my favorite place any time, do whatever I want etc.. Marriage is like putting me in a prison and I cannot come out from that. So allow me to live my life as it is "

"Marriage is a prison for you?"

"Well. Now you may like this independent life but if it persists for two years more, then you will get bored.”

“See you and your brother fight for chocolate in young age. But now both of you are not interested in it “.

“Similarly you both used to be very interested in Fireworks during Diwali. You were asking to buy it one week before itself and fired entire week. But once grown, you lost interest in that.”

Similarly the interest will change in every span of life. Whatever you like now, will be boring later. That’s why our culture introduced something called marriage and form a family with husband, child. So all our interest will be towards taking care of family slowly and never get bored. With that, Marriage will never be a prison and it will be a joyful life ever “

Hearing this, Pavithra clapped her hand loudly

"Super Janu. Pinnitta. How come YOU are talking like this?”

“Do one thing. There are lot of women online forums exist. You can collect your advices, points etc. and send to them. It will be super hit. Now leave me “ Pavithra escaped.


"This generation is always carefree and not taking anything seriously. When will she change “ Janaki murmured and continued her cooking.

While cooking, she recalled her olden days. She was also scared about her marriage at the age of 19. She didn’t see her husband’s face even after marriage. She cried with her mother not to leave her house after marriage.

But today everything has changed. She cannot live without her beloved husband. . . How the marriage changed her life, she smiled. She believed that her daughter will also change her mind soon.

She prayed God that her daughter should change soon..

She went to temple to pray the same. She forced Pavithra also to come along with her to the temple

Pavithra wore casual dress always. Today Janaki pressurized her to wear a saree for temple.

Pavithra wore light make up. She was looking gorgeous in saree with light make up.

Janaki was astonished by seeking her daughter. Then they left.

Once reached the temple, Pavithra closed her eyes lid and stood in silence, not knowing what to pray.

After 2 minutes of silence, she felt someone was watching her. She opened her eyes slowly and saw a 6 feet tall guy, standing in front of her and was looking at her.

Pavithra saw him face to face, eye to eye. For a few seconds many different emotions was seen in his eyes like love, affection etc. While looking him, Pavithra felt something different inside. She is not able to face his eyes.

She looked down at the ground immediately. Her face turned red as a lotus. She felt that he was still looking at her only.

"Who is he? Looking at me directly in public place that even in temple?”

Other times she would have gone and fought with that person. But for some reason she couldn’t look straight at him.


“What is happening with me? I worked with many men collogues. All of the team members are men in her team. She used to talk face to face, looking at all the others and she had many fights with them and was very bold. But now, why I’m not able to see him directly? “ She winged

Thank God. Janaki finished her prayer. Pavithra hurriedly left that place with her mother. They sat in a place other side.

Pavithra’ s eyes searched the tall guy. She felt that he might be seeing her from some corner. …

Not letting her to search for long time, he was sighted in the distance.

“Why is he coming in this side? “ She scolded and bent down. She heard his footsteps near by

Yes, he was coming towards them.

" Why he is coming towards us. From distance itself, he looked at me differently. Now he is coming very close. What will happen” she was feeling scared.

He came very nearby and said

"Hai Aunty!, How are you? How is uncle? ".

"What ‘Aunty’? Known person to mom? Known person only looked at me like that” she scolded him again inside

After watching him Janaki

"heyyy Aadhi. We are all fine. How are you. Are all fine at home? " she continued her welfare inquires.

Pavithra became more nervous by hearing the name “Aadhi”. Is he the one I called ‘tall stick’ and waited for me for 3 years ? “

She raised her eyes slowly and looked back at him.

“As mom said, he is looking very handsome...” Pavithra murmured..

He also looked back at her with mischief smile at the same time and winkled his eyes against her..

Pavithra's face was red again. Began to fly with butterflies inside her.

After that, she couldn’t turn to his side. Whatever he spoke to Janaki. In truth, she could not hear a single word. Though he was talking to Janaki, his eyes were towards Pavithra frequently. Whenever his eyes come towards her, she's colored.

Janaki also noticed this scene and smiled herself.

In between Aadhi’s mother also arrived.

For her part, asked Pavithra’s welfare.

"How are you Pavima? I have seen you during your school days. You have grown very well now.”

Pavithra smiled at her and did not turn to his side.

Being there, Aadhi did not consider Pavithra and he was chatting with Janaki. He was not talking any single word with Pavithra

Finally they finished their chatting and started leaving.

Janaki said, “Aadhi, come home. Its long time you visited our house”

"Sure Aunty. Everyone will come to your home soon Aunty" He looked at Pavithra and winged mischievely at her “ She got restless again.

Once they left, she felt very relaxed.

Aadhi’s mom went a little further and came back to her

"Pavima, forgot to tell you. You are very beautiful!!! Now I know why my son is waiting for you since past 3 years. “

Don’t make us wait more dear. Tell your good result soon and come to our home to light a lamp as quickly as possible. “

Pavithra didn’t know what to say. She just smiled.

Once she left, Pavithra turned to her mother

"What is this ma? Whole family is mental family? If that stick told waiting for me 3 years , how come this aunty allowed him like that? “

By hearing this Janaki got angry

"Well, we all are mental. Whoever thinking about your welfare, all are mental only. We just obeying whatever you say na, so we also mental only. “

“Tell me, what your result is. Will you marry Aadhi or not? “

Pavithra remembered Aadhi’s face with full of love towards her.. But still she didn’t want to say “yes” immediately.

"Ma. I have told already. I’m not interested in marriage”

"Well, then listen to me. If you don’t have other reasons other than not interested in marriage, then you should marry Aadhi in next mugurtham. This is my final decision. Hope you follow my words” Janaki told in stern voice and walked away

No one spoke while returning home from the temple. Everyone was in a different mood.

Pavithra was shocked by hearing Janaki’s stern voice. Though her mom is very friendly ,she spoke to her very strictly this time. Pavithra and her brother never disobey their mom if something comes in this voice.

Now Pavithra did not know what to do. She knew that she cannot convince her mom now. That’s it…. Her freedom life is going to end”

Now her anger turned towards “Aadhi”.

"Everything is because of this stick guy only. Who asked him to love me? Though he loved me, he should have proposed me. Without that how come he asked my mom for marriage directly.

If he would have proposed me, I would have given him a nice dose and he would never turned towards me. I think that’s why he directly contacted my mom.

Wait and see how I handle him later.”

Janaki knew how to handle the adamant child who refused to take medicine in childhood days. Now she is like an adamant child against for marriage. And she noticed that Pavithra also fell in love with Aadhi at first sight and she knew about her daughter’s feeling. That’s why Janaki forced her daughter for the marriage. She believed that Pavithra will change and adjust after the marriage.

Aadhi was very happy that he saw his girl after a long time. Before seeing her, he was worried whether she would be interested in him or not as she did not agree for marriage and kept postponing. But after seeing her flush on her face while seeking him, he confirmed that she is also having interest with him.

After that everything happened at jet speed. Pavithra got married to Aadhi and everything went well.

After 3 years..

The alarm was ringing twice after six hours in the morning. Pavithra got up hurriedly.

“OH How come I slept like this? Already late for 10 minutes. Have to prepare coffee, breakfast, lunch and get ready this 1 year old baby Kutty and have to rush to office…. “

She scolded herself and rushed into kitchen and started her work. Suddenly her mobile started ringing.

"Who will call at this time? I have already lot of stuff to do..” murmured and attended the phone. It is Janaki her mother on the line

"Hi Pavi. How are you and everyone there?”

"We are all fine ma. How are you and everyone there. Why do you call this early morning? "

"All are fine di. I had a bad dream at last night.. That’s why I wanted to call you to check everything fine there”

"Oh ok ma."

"When are you coming here. You visited here six months back. I want to see my granddaughter. “

"You can say easily ma. But we have to prepare for travel and arrange everything to visit there. If we come there, the climate is not adjusted for baby. Once settled there, again while coming back here, this climate is not adjusted for her. We have to struggle sometime to get settled.

So let her grow for some time and then will come there. “

“hmmm do one thing. You can come here for a week. I will also feel relaxed”


“Why are you struggling Pavi? Let’s order outside if you are not comfortable in cooking”

“Outside food is not suitable for Aadhi ma. He had food poison last month.. Even if we have cook at home, Aadhi is telling their cooking is not tasty and he is not eating much. So I only preparing in home”

“Is Aadhi not helping you in cooking and other work? “


"He also will help ma. He was busy in office work yesterday and came home late night. He is still sleeping. I don’t want to disturb him today. That’s why I started all preparation myself.

OK ma. I will call in the weekend as I have to finish all these stuff quickly” while she was talking to her mom, she heard her husband’s voice

"Pavi, Pavi darling .... Where's my towel? "


"This is another additional work for me. I have to give brush, paste, towel everything to him and he won’t take anything himself.

At least it should be good if he leaves me after getting towel… but . ... It will take another 5 minutes for me to come out of him..,.” she murmured with shyness.

"Coming Aadhi…" she rushed to him

Pavithra thought she disconnected the phone call and talked to herself. But Janaki heard everything and she smiled.

This is the girl who didn’t agree for marriage 3 years back. . She changed a lot now. Janaki is very proud by seeing her daughter handling her family very well and happily.

Janaki recalled 30 years before of her marriage life. She also cried and worried about her marriage. But everything got changed after the marriage

This is “Marriage Life”. Though generation got changed, technology changed, marriage will change every girl’s life and makes them adjusted with new family and environment. Pavithra is an example for that “ Janaki smiled herself …

**************




Comments

Popular Posts

உன்னை விடமாட்டேன்...என்னுயிரே

என் மடியில் பூத்த மலரே

அனைவருக்கும் வணக்கம்!!!

காதோடுதான் நான் பாடுவேன்

நிலவே என்னிடம் நெருங்காதே!!

வராமல் வந்த தேவதை

பூங்கதவே தாழ் திறவாய்

தாழம்பூவே வாசம் வீசு!!!

தவமின்றி கிடைத்த வரமே

அழகான ராட்சசியே!!!