The Day Out with an Underprivileged Kids – Arunadevi



I’m working in IT industry. I would like to share my experience from one of the community service event I participated in my office.

The day started with all josh in the bus … by seeing the enthusiastic kids. The sight of them gives me more energy … We reached Museum .Even its my first visit … 


Normally if we go somewhere first time that experience remains In life forever.. Like that it will remain in my life as well as in many kids life…

When we had an option to select for the day out I was really interested to take them to planetarium because it provides an exciting opportunity to learn more about planets, stars and other interesting astronomy facts. 




The main aim behind the establishment of the planetarium was to promote an understanding of astronomy, amongst students as well as the other individuals.

Jawaharlal Nehru planetarium” is one of the five planetariums in India and was established in the year 1989 by the Bangalore City Corporation. 

The planetarium runs daily shows like Our Solar System, Dawn of the Space Age and Mars-The Red Planet in both languages, Kannada and English. 

Various activities ranging from sky-theatre shows, science exhibitions, lectures and workshops for science teachers as well as students are conducted from time to time. 

The aim of these events is to encourage quality education in schools and inspire students towards a career in teaching and research.

The shows held here are extremely good and provide a good view as well as factual knowledge on astronomy. It has on display a professional six-inch code refractor telescope

We believe that children are the priceless treasures and gifts from God. I am a mom of 2 kids though when I was with them I considered myself as a mom of them. Teaching is my passion and I love to hear the word MAM than MOM.

Kids were enjoyed a lot and I can see the spark and the excitement. In future they will go many trips like this and we have sowed a seed in them. 

Hope this excursion empowers them to realize their full potential. It will bring life to the subjects they learn in school.

Personally I never had an excursion during my school / college due to financial commitment. All may not get this type of opportunity and this travel may help them to explore in the path of learning.

For sure … I felt we have touched in some of their lives. That was aaaawwww …. The one with 3D effects and an Interesting films on deep sea diving and brain are screened here.

As APJ says "All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.” Our team has given them the opportunity and we made it.

Last but not least, the experiment that she has explained about whoz healthy & not healthy is unforgettable. I experienced myself though am healthy  😉


Totally the day was very precious and the day out will lighten up many futuristic of our country.

*******

Comments

Popular Posts

உன்னை விடமாட்டேன்...என்னுயிரே

என் மடியில் பூத்த மலரே

அனைவருக்கும் வணக்கம்!!!

காதோடுதான் நான் பாடுவேன்

நிலவே என்னிடம் நெருங்காதே!!

வராமல் வந்த தேவதை

பூங்கதவே தாழ் திறவாய்

தவமின்றி கிடைத்த வரமே

தாழம்பூவே வாசம் வீசு!!!

அழகான ராட்சசியே!!!